You might have seen me mention that I cosplay and generally love costume makeup, but I haven’t yet shared any of my costumes with you lovely people!
I promise I will do more of that but I wanted to do a series based on inspired, everyday makeup looks starting with Disney characters!
The Little Mermaid is my all-time favourite Disney film so it felt right to start with Ariel!
I did my brows pretty much as I usually would, just bolder as I wanted a really strong look.
- NYX Eyebrow Gel in brunette to fill in the tail and shape
- Barry M It’s a Brow Thing in Medium to fill in the sparse areas
- Collection Clear Mascara to set
Eyes: I primed my eyes first and then used two palettes to create the vibrant purple and green look I wanted.
- La Roc Beginner’s Collection 120 Palette– I filled in my entire lid with a soft violet shade and lined the crease with a darker purple-blue colour.
- BH Cosmetics Foil Eyes 2– taking a damp blending brush and the vibrant purple in the centre of my lid
- Essence Pencil Liner in Say Hi Light– a nude liner to brighten my eyes on my waterline
- Bourjois Contour Clubbing Liner in Loving Green– just below my lash line and blended out with a little of the bright green foil
- Maybelline Lash Sensational– to finish the eyes
Face: I didn’t go too out of my comfort zone for face makeup as I still want it be wearable, just with good coverage and added glow!
- L’Oreal Lumi Maqnique Primer– I primed first for a glowy base
- L’Oreal True Match Foundation– mixed the foundations together
- L’Oreal Infallible Total Cover Foundation– my costume foundation of choice as it’s so thick and high coverage
- Soap & Glory Hocus Focus– mixed in with the foundation
- L’Oreal True Match Concealer– used to clean up brows and eyes and dabbed under my eye area
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder– to set my makeup in place
- Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette– I wet my brush for an added kick with the lilac shade from this palette
- L’Oreal True Match Blush in Peach– to finish the face makeup
Lips: kept it simple with a glossy pink shade with the Bourjios Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Red Sunshine
The finished look! It’s probably not something I’d wear every day but I like how it turned out. The eye makeup is actually a lot like how I used to do my makeup as a teenager!