After a brief fling with the sun last week, the UK weather is back to yo-yo-ing between sunshine and rain. To cheer myself up, I decided to bring the sunshine to my makeup instead with a golden-yellow eye look.
- Essence I Heart Colour Intensifying Base
- Morphe 15N Palette (shade Shook)
- L’Oreal Infalliable Eye Paint shade Golden Eye
- ColourPop Yes, Please! Palette (yellow shade)
- PS…Pigment (no name- pale gold shade)
- NYX Mixing Medium
- Benefit Roller Lash
- NYX Slide on Liner in Gun Metal
I primed my eyelids and then applied the L’Oreal liquid shadow- I wanted to create a glitzy golden yellow look but this just doesn’t apply to the eyes as well as it swatches which is a shame. I used a matte brown from Morphe in my crease and then the yellow ColourPop shade blended into the crease and outer lid.
Since the liquid shadow didn’t give me what I was going for, I tried out my NYX mixing medium with a pale gold pigment from Primark. You only need a tiny amount of this and it turns the messy pigment into a cream-like shadow which I just tapped onto the centre of my lid with my finger. I blended everything with the yellow that was left on my brush and applied mascara and eyeliner.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade Medium Brown
- Essence Make me Brow
Nothing special with my brows- loving the shape though! I wish they looked like that all the time.
- PS…Primer Water
- e.l.f Under Eye Primer
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation 03 mixed with L’Oreal Lumi Maqique
- Revolution Conceal & Define C2
- e.l.f Under Eye Setting Powder
- The Body Shop Honey Bronzer 03
- Nip + Fab Blush Palette shade Cocktail
- Nip + Fab Highlight Palette shade Champagne
- Avon Magix HD Finishing Powder
- Pixi Makeup Fixing Mist
I wanted glowy, natural skin for this so I used a tiny amount of foundation mixed with an illumining primer and skipped on powder, just powdering my under eyes. I opted for my usual bronzer to warm up my face and as a nose contour teamed with a small amount of pink blush and subtle highlight.
- Tanya Burr Lipstick Pink Cocoa
- ColourPop Lippie Pencil Aquarius
I kept the lips natural with a nude pink shade but I think you can swap that for a classic red to make this a more glam look.
Hope you enjoyed this look- let me know in the comments what looks you’ve been experimenting with recently!