I wasn’t planning on reviewing the I Heart Revolution Praline Chocolate Palette as I got it in a giftset over Christmas but then it released on its own so I thought a review of this face palette was much more relevant.
This face palette comes in the plastic chocolate bar packaging that’s so familiar to I Heart Revolution Eyeshadow Palette series. Inside, you get a good sized mirror and the names of the shades are written on the packaging rather than one of those annoying plastic sheets.
I got mine in one of the Christmas releases but on its own it retails for £8.99 from Superdrug or £9 from Revolution’s website in the UK. For that, you’re getting 18g of product in total which is extremely affordable.
The Praline Palette includes five shades- a bronzer, a blush and three highlight shades.
- Temper- pigmented bronzer with cool undertones.
- Ripple- baked peachy pink blush shade with a soft shimmer. It’s quite subtle but can be built up.
- Bon Bon- pinky gold highlight. This is my favourite texture as it gives that metallic, almost wet-looking sheen but I’m not crazy about the colour.
- Praline- bronze highlight. This has a baked, glittery texture and is the most pigmented shade in the palette. It’s way too dark for me but would look stunning on deeper skin tones.
- Fondant- icy white highlight. This is another wet-looking blinding shade. I’m not the biggest fan of icy highlighters personally but it is pigmented.
All five shades apply beautifully. At first, I thought the bronzer was too pigmented and applied muddily but it actually blends out well. The blush is sheerer than it looks in the pan and suits being a blush topper best, while the highlights all pack some serious pigment and look blinding on the skin.
I haven’t tested all the shades individually but in general these last pretty well on me. Applied over primer and foundation etc, they last around 7-8 hours before starting to fade.
Overall, I think this palette tries to cater to everyone and doesn’t quite get it right but I do feel like there’s something for everyone in here. I don’t reach for this much over individual face powders in my collection but I love face palettes for travel and convenience.
If your collection is lacking a face palette like this, the quality is good and it’s affordable but I do have face palettes I prefer to this one.